Tarawera & Lakes Eco-Tour
For those who want MORE
Tarawera and Lakes Eco-Tour Highlights:
- Experience three splashdowns as you go from land to lake at Lake Tikitapu, Lake Okareka and Lake Tarawera
- Journey through stunning natural landscapes and historically significant sites
- View and experience Mt Tarawera as you immerse yourself in the story of this history changing eruption
- Get even closer to nature as you disembark the Duck at Lake Tarawera and have the opportunity to view Maori drawings and native bush up close
- See the sacred Rotokakahi (Green Lake) and hear the Maori legend of this lake
- Learn about the thriving tourism industry that existed in the 1800’s as well as ecology, geology, traditional Maori stories and more
- Laugh along with our famous conducktors
- An amazing tour for all ages!
Adult – $105
Children, 3-16 – $60
Infants, under 2 – Free
Family, 2 adults 2 kids– Normally $330 now $245 – Save $85!!
Additional children – $50
These prices are only available for direct bookings and are for a limited time only!
Bookings are essential
Book online here
Or call 07 345 6522 to secure your spot
Tours depart from the Rotorua Duck Store at 1241 Fenton Street, opposite Amazing Thai. Tour times are subject to change. Please check our booking page for confirmed tour times.
We understand there are people out there who always want more. That’s why we created the Tarawera and Lakes Eco-Tour.
The Tarawera and Lakes Eco-Tour takes you on a deeper journey through the Rotorua Lakes District with the highlight being a visit to Lake Tarawera, not only a stunning setting, but home to Mt Tarawera which changed our entire history in 1886.
On our journey to Tarawera we firstly visit the stunning Lake Okareka for our first splashdown. A small lakeside community within a bird sanctuary. We discover Tikitapu (Blue Lake) with its incredible colours and natural surrounds. After that we pass our most sacred Lake in the area Rotokakahi, along with the Buried Village of Te Wairoa before engaging in the spectacular view of Mount Tarawera, without a doubt the most stunning view on the journey.
Riding on New Zealand’s ONLY genuine WW2 landing crafts through these spectacular lake settings, volcanic craters and natural landscapes is something that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Had an absolute blast
My sister and I took my two kids on a 90 minute tour which included going onto the Blue and Green Lakes. It was so much fun. We had a driver and tour guide that were a lot of laughs. The kids found it so entertaining and there were plenty of facts and info for adults too. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for something different to do.