Tarawera & Lakes Eco Tour
Tarawera and Lakes Eco-Tour Highlights:
- Experience three splashdowns as you go from land to lake at Lake Tikitapu, Lake Ōkāreka and Lake Tarawera.
- Journey through stunning natural landscapes and historically significant sites.
- View and experience Mt Tarawera as you immerse yourself in the story of this history-changing eruption.
- Get even closer to nature as you disembark the Duck at Lake Tarawera and have the opportunity to view Māori drawings and native bush up close.
- See the sacred Rotokākahi (Green Lake) and hear the Māori legend of this lake.
- Learn about the thriving tourism industry that existed in the 1800’s as well as ecology, geology, traditional Māori stories and more.
- Laugh along with our famous conDUCKtors.
- An amazing tour for all ages!
The Duck is a truly magnificent vehicle able to travel on land and water. Come and experience Rotorua and its lakes from a totally unique perspective.
Adult – $105
Children, 3-16 – $60
Infants, under 2 – Free
Family, 2 adults 2 kids– Normally $310 now
$245 $225 – Save $105!!
Additional children – $50, Seniors $94.50
These prices are only available for direct bookings and are for a limited time only!
Bookings are essential, and booking online is easy! Alternatively, don’t hesitate to call us on 07 345 6522 to secure your spot.
Weekends – 2.15pm, Midweek- 1pm
All tours depart from the Rotorua Duck Store at 1241 Fenton Street, opposite Amazing Thai. Tour times are subject to change, please check our booking page for confirmed tour times.
About the tour
We understand there are people out there who always want more. That’s why we created the Tarawera and Lakes Eco-Tour.
The Tarawera and Lakes Eco-Tour takes you on a deeper journey through the Rotorua Lakes District with the highlight being a visit to Lake Tarawera, not only a stunning setting, but home to Mt Tarawera which changed our entire history in 1886.
On our journey to Tarawera we firstly visit the stunning Lake Ōkāreka for our first splashdown. A small lakeside community within a bird sanctuary. We discover Tikitapu (Blue Lake) with its incredible colours and natural surrounds. After that, we pass our most sacred Lake in the area Rotokākahi, along with the Buried Village of Te Wairoa before engaging in the spectacular view of Mount Tarawera, without a doubt the most stunning view on the journey.
Riding on New Zealand’s ONLY genuine WW2 landing crafts through these spectacular lake settings, volcanic craters, and natural landscapes is something that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Come along for a quacking good time!
Awesome trip, well worth the money spent. Marcus our driver was great and was a laugh a minute. He made the trip all that much better. Was really cool driving around in a piece of war history as well!
TripAdvisor - New Zealand, July 2020