There’s no better way to see Rotorua and its beautiful lakes than on a Duck.
Moving effortlessly from land to water, our WW2 amphibious vehicles are a pretty awesome way to explore all that Rotorua has to offer. Whether you’re a bit of a history buff, or you’re keen to see what famous Mount Tarawera looks like, or you’re looking for a Rotorua Attraction and are keen on something fun – Rotorua Duck Tours fits the bill!
The Ducks are now heated for winter! We have clear roll-down sides, blankets, and heaters on board the Duck. Our lakes are very sheltered and don’t get affected much by the weather, if anything they get more beautiful! We are prepared for all weather!
Tours depart from the Rotorua Duck Store at 1241 Fenton Street, opposite Amazing Thai. Bookings essential.
Rotorua City & Lakes
Experience the thrill of riding in New Zealand’s only genuine operating WW2 landing crafts and seeing beautiful scenery en route, it promises to be a real highlight of your time in Rotorua.
- Visit three of Rotorua’s most stunning lakes, with splashdown on two!
- Discover Rotorua’s iconic and historical buildings.
- Travel through a geothermal landscape.
- Hear stories of the area from our amazing guides.
- Hear about the Duck’s incredible WWII History.
- Fun and engaging for all ages!
TARAWERA & Lakes
The Tarawera and Lakes tour is the best way to experience the Rotorua lakes district and learn about the history of the land and the people that shaped our area. Loved by young and old for almost two decades.
- Splashdown on three lakes, learn about six!
- See stunning natural landscapes, incl. the spectacular Lake Tarawera.
- Travel past and learn about Rotorua’s most sacred of lakes – Rotokākahi.
- Hear the history of Tarawera from the base of the volcano.
- A deep and insightful commentary.
- Interesting and fun for all ages!
Had an absolute blast
My sister and I took my two kids on a 90 minute tour which included going onto the Blue and Green Lakes. It was so much fun. We had a driver and tour guide that were a lot of laughs. The kids found it so entertaining and there were plenty of facts and info for adults too. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for something different to do.
Mandy687 - Brisbane, Australia
A quacking great tour!
Highly recommend this tour for families, Shaun was our guide, had so much fun, laughter music and learnt alot about Rotorua Lake District. If you are thinking of doing it - do it you will not regret it.
Marie M - Australia
Duck Boat tour
We had an awesome time on our duck boat tour today - with a very entertaining tour guide (Shelly) who kept us laughing... the rain didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves either! Definitely recommend it! Thanks guys 🙂
Amazing hosts for a 2nd year running
Rotorua Duck Tours were the amazing hosts for a 2nd year running for our work Christmas function. Our driver Shelley provided a tour full of knowledge, fun and laughter. The wonderful meal at the Landing cafe with an amazing lake backdrop topped off a wonderful end of year celebration!
Hume Pine - Rotorua