There’s no better way to see Rotorua and its beautiful lakes than on a Duck.
Moving effortlessly from land to water, our WW2 amphibious vehicles are a pretty awesome way to explore all that Rotorua has to offer. Whether you’re a bit of a history buff, or you’re keen to see what famous Mount Tarawera looks like, or you’re looking for a Rotorua Attraction and are keen on something fun – Rotorua Duck Tours fits the bill!
The Ducks are now heated for winter! We have clear roll-down sides, blankets, and heaters on board the Duck. Our lakes are very sheltered and don’t get affected much by the weather, if anything they get more beautiful! We are prepared for all weather!
Tours depart from the Rotorua Duck Store at 1241 Fenton Street, opposite Amazing Thai. Bookings essential.
Rotorua City & Lakes
Experience the thrill of riding in New Zealand’s only genuine operating WW2 landing crafts and seeing beautiful scenery en route, it promises to be a real highlight of your time in Rotorua.
- Visit three of Rotorua’s most stunning lakes, with splashdown on two!
- Discover Rotorua’s iconic and historical buildings.
- Travel through a geothermal landscape.
- Hear stories of the area from our amazing guides.
- Hear about the Duck’s incredible WWII History.
- Fun and engaging for all ages!
TARAWERA & Lakes
The Tarawera and Lakes tour is the best way to experience the Rotorua lakes district and learn about the history of the land and the people that shaped our area. Loved by young and old for almost two decades.
- Splashdown on three lakes, learn about six!
- See stunning natural landscapes, incl. the spectacular Lake Tarawera.
- Travel past and learn about Rotorua’s most sacred of lakes – Rotokākahi.
- Hear the history of Tarawera from the base of the volcano.
- A deep and insightful commentary.
- Interesting and fun for all ages!
Awesome trip, well worth the money spent. Marcus our driver was great and was a laugh a minute. He made the trip all that much better. Was really cool driving around in a piece of war history as well!
TripAdvisor - New Zealand, July 2020
Rotorua from another nice perspective
The Duck Tour is a very great opportunity to discover beautiful Rotorua and its surroundings. On a really funny tour we learned a lot and saw amazing landscape and lakes. Very unique because of this really cool vehicle, where else can you drive a duck on your own?! I would highly recommend the Duck to everybody who wants to have a special experience in Rotorua!
Our work function was awesome!
Going on the duck tour for our work function was awesome!
Our driver/guide made our trip full of laughs... a range of ages and everyone had a great time. Not sure how we can top it for next year!
The Toy Shed - Rotorua
lots of laughs
What a great day we had. Our tour guide Marcus was very knowledgeable on the history of Rotorua. Had a great sense of humour with plenty of laughs, from start to finish, especially with our complimentary duck whistle. If your ever in Rotorua this is definitely a must do tour.
enza672016 - Melbourne, Australia